THE INTERNATIONAL ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE RESEARCH PORTFOLIO (IADRP)
The International Alzheimer’s Disease Research Portfolio (IADRP) database brings together funded research supported by public and private organizations both in the US and abroad all categorized using the Common Alzheimer’s Disease Research Ontology or CADRO. Launched in 2010 as a joint collaboration between the National Institute on Aging (NIH) and the Alzheimer’s Association, IADRP enables users the ability to assess the portfolios of major organizations (currently 23) for areas of overlap as well as areas of opportunities in which to collaborate and coordinate in a collective effort to advance AD research. To access the IADRP, please visit: https://iadrp.nia.nih.gov/.
To access information about research studies funded through Virginia’s Alzheimer’s and Related Diseases Research Award Fund(ARDRAF) Commonwealth Health Research Fund.You can also access information about these studies through the IADRP. To do this, use the “Funding Organization Name” Search category in the Quick Search box and select “State of Virginia”.
Additionally, AlzPossible partners encourage participation in clinical trials as appropriate. Below is some important information for researchers and participants considering participation:
- Participating in Alzheimer’s Research: For Yourself and Future Generations, a booklet from the National Institute on Aging at NIH, explores:
- how to find Alzheimer’s and related studies that might be right for you
- the benefits and potential risks to consider
- what happens when you join a trial or study
- how safety is protected
- questions to ask
- Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center: www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/clinical-trials
- To sign up to participate in future trials, please visit:
- Recruiting older adults into research (toolkit): https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/recruiting-older-adults-research-roar-toolkit
- Antidote: www.antidote.me/conditions
- Memory Strings Community: www.memorystrings.org/
- Galaxy Brain Trust: www.galaxybraintrust.org/
- Caregiver Action Network: caregiveraction.org/resources/find-clinical-trials
To access information about Virginia prevalence data and estimates as well as available data sources for further research that have been identified by AlzPossible partners, please visit: alzpossible.org/data/.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.