Dementia State Plan
held December 15, 2011
Approximately one in eight older adults is affected with Alzheimer’s disease, the fifth leading cause of death, and the number affected is expected to triple by 2050.
Planning now is essential and the five goals of the plan provide a comprehensive vision to:
- Coordinate Quality Dementia Services to Ensure Dementia Capability
- Use Dementia Related Data to Improve Public Health
- Increase Awareness and Create Dementia Specific Training
- Provide Access to Quality Coordinated Care in the Most Integrated Setting
- Expand Resources for Translational Research and Evidence-Based Practices
While achieving this vision will likely require additional resources, progress will also be made through innovation and collaboration.
Dr. Patricia Slattum chaired the event.
Feel free to drop your comments or questions to the panelists below.