Caring for a person with Alzheimer’s disease can be a tough job with many demands and challenges. To help, the Alzheimer’s Disease Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center offers more than 25 tip sheets—many now available for mobile devices in .epub and .mobi (Kindle) formats.
The popular tip sheets offer brief, easy-to-understand information on a range of issues, from bathing and driving to disaster preparedness and personality changes. They can help caregivers of people at any stage of the disease—mild, moderate, or severe.
Users of tablets, smartphones, and e-readers with an e-book app can now view and download select tip sheets for their mobile devices from the ADEAR website at www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/topics/caregiving:
- Managing Personality and Behavior Changes (PDF, 977K) (E-pub, 180K) (Kindle, 166K)
- Bathing (PDF, 645K) (E-pub, 189K) (Kindle, 157K)
- Exercise and Physical Activity (PDF, 1.1M) (E-pub, 278K) (Kindle, 186K)
- Changes in Communication Skills (PDF, 902K) (E-pub, 206K) (Kindle, 192K)
- Holiday Hints (PDF, 485K) (E-pub, 180K) (Kindle, 167K)
- Helping Family and Friends Understand Alzheimer’s Disease (PDF, 555K) (E-pub, 243K) (Kindle, 157K)
- Helping Kids Understand Alzheimer’s Disease (PDF, 790K) (E-pub, 185K) (Kindle, 169K)
- Disaster Preparedness (PDF, 617K) (E-pub, 227K) (Kindle, 144K)
- Driving Safety (PDF, 701K) (E-pub, 223K) (Kindle, 143K)
- Wandering (PDF, 840K) (E-pub, 200K) (Kindle, 187K)
For more Alzheimer’s disease resources, visit www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers, or contact the ADEAR Center at 1-800-438-4380 (toll-free) or firstname.lastname@example.org. The ADEAR Center is a service of the National Institute on Aging, part of the National Institutes of Health.